Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | Combat Flight Simulator 2 | CFS2 General Discussion
Author mission and campaign problems
chuck

Posted on 17-06-2007 18:28
Downloaded a campaign package that redoes the CFS1 Battle of Britain missions as a CFS2 campaign. Tried to play it but system says mission file is corrupt, so I go in to mission builder and it will open the mission but says the plane (Hurricane Mk I) is not in the object library and do I want to substitute another AC.
Having come across this before I said yes to let the mission load. It did, with all the other a/c and waypoints and so on. Looked fine, exept I had to fix the Hurricane. I used the pull down list and used a hurricane Mk1 I have already. System crashed.
Went back in to mission builder and made a dummy mission using that Hurricane Mk 1. Worked fine, so it's not the plane.
Any ideas on how to fix this, or do I have to go through the actual mission files in wordpad, seeing as the Mission Builder isn't able to help?smiley
Author RE: mission and campaign problems
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 17-06-2007 18:30
If the crash occurs as soon as you select the new Hurricane, or as soon as you click "Fly Now", or as soon as you try to save the mission, then try editing the mission using Notepad to replace the missing planes with ones in your livery.

If the crash occurs when you click on "Advanced Info" or when attempting to look at the map while in the mission then the problem is probably a conflict in the runway ID numbering system between what's in the converted missions and what's in your airbases.dat file.

Personally I shy away from CFS1 converted missions and recommend looking for ones written sprcifically for CFS2 or writing your own.

1. The new Hurricane will not load in the mission and I'll bet it doesn't showup in Free Flight either. This is because of one, or both of the following. In the Sound and/or Panel folders of the new Hurricane either the panel.cfg and/or the sound.cfg files are aliasing to an aircraft that is not present in your CFS2/Aircraft folder. This is probably the only problem you have.

If you don't find the problem there, then one of the files in the Hurricane folder is misnamed.....most probably either the DP or AIR file. Check those file names. The AIR, DP and CDP should carry the same name exactly as is defined in the Aircraft.cfg file under the 'sim=' entry. Also check the Model folder to make sure that the Model.cfg file defines the 'normal=' value as the exact name of the MDL file. That should fix the Hurricane.

2. When you replaced the offending Hurricane in MB, the setting 'Takeoff From xxx' at WP1 probably defaulted to 'Turn' or 'Takeoff from Current Point'. That's why your replacement aircraft wasn't on the runway anymore. To fix that(and it can happen anytime you change an aircraft in Msmiley click on WP1 and under the Waypoints Tab, reset the command to 'Takeoff from xxx' (where xxx is the name of the airfield) on the dropdown menu for that WP, because I'll bet it reads 'Turn', or 'Takeoff from Current Point' when you open it. (You can't just drag WP1 to where you want it and drop it, if it is set to 'Takeoff from Current Point'. When you set it to 'Takeoff from xxxbasename', the WP will snap into position on the airfield.) This should fix your mission file.smiley
Author RE: i got some mission builder problems
Dagger

Posted on 21-07-2007 11:40
whenever i make a mission with the mission builder, i can fly the mission sometimes... but others it says Error near the "E158" line or somtin and then says cannot load the mission, the mission file is either invalid or corrupt. the other thing is that EVERYTIME i go back to the mission builder after i bilt the mission it says cannot load mission file because it is invalid then it freezes and i have to end it with task manager...

plz help! i want to be able to fly MY OWN missions for once...

smiley smiley smiley
Author RE: mission and campaign problems
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 31-07-2007 03:27
are you sure not having more than 36 aircrafts installed into cfs2?this is usually an error message related because mission builder do not load missions or say corrupt file...