Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FS 2002/2004 | FS2004 Aircraft Forum
Author Renaming Downloaded Aircraft
chipbasschao

Posted on 05-07-2011 16:01
Hey Guyz...

First of, would like to say what a great site this is. Now, done to my problem...

I am a total newbie to all this Flight Sim stuff and have just bought FS2004 because of my interest in WW2 Planes.I have found that on many of the Planes the Aircraft Manufacturer was unspecified, and the Aircraft Model nmae was incorrect, making it hard to easily find planes. Is there an easy way to ammend these so I can get them in a logical order. Thanx in advance....MARK
Author RE: Renaming Downloaded Aircraft
webmaster

Webmaster

Posted on 06-07-2011 00:05
hope this explanation works well for you.

having a solution for this problems needs you modify each aircraft.cfg included into the aircraft's folder

you can easily open the files aircraft.cfg with notepad

assuming you have an aircraft folder called gloster gladiator you will open this folder and you will find four folders called
model
panel
sound
texture

then two files one is the .air file..the airfile
and another file called Aircraft.cfg open this one
on the first line you will find this

[fltsim.0]
title=
sim=NEVER CHANGE THIS
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

for solve your problems if are not included add those lines after texture=

kb_checklists=
ui_manufacturer=(HERE YOU INSERT THE MANUFACTURER) Gloster
ui_type=(HERE YOU INSERT THE MODEL ABOUT THE MANUFACTURER)Gladiator
ui_variation=(HERE YOU INSERT THE VERSION) mkI 1939
description=(HERE YOU CAN INSERT A SHORT DESCRIPTION) as builded in 1936 by etc...

IF THERE ARE MORE LINES AS [fltsim.1], [fltsim.2] obviously you have to repeat the process, manufacturer rest the same but will change only the model or only the version. Usually when there are many texture version it is added into aircraft.cfg then you will to add only the manufacturer as described
Edited by webmaster on 06-07-2011 00:06
Author RE: Renaming Downloaded Aircraft
chipbasschao

Posted on 06-07-2011 05:25
Thanx man....

That explains everything I needed to know. Now I suppose I'd better get typing. Cheers again....