Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author Making a "FSX Flight Video"
Bobster

Posted on 21-03-2007 21:38
Ok, here is what I know, and want to do:

1st: I know I can record from FSX, my flight, by clicking my settings, but I see I can record frames (fps) @ 1/4" sec and slower. So what is the best setting for making my video.

2nd: My video is made, creates a .fsr file if I'm correct. How do I open this in other media players, as the .frs format is not reconized as an option.

3rd: What is the best program to open it, so I can edit it and add tunes.

4th: Any suggestions from you, as I too want to make videos of my flights to share with others.

Thanks, I will look forward to the readings...
Author RE: Making a "FSX Flight Video"
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 22-03-2007 02:51
if i remember well you can share video maked with fsx program only into fsx while if you want share on youtube or other video sharing communnities personally i prefer use fraps

http.//www.fraps.com

or camtasia that save in avi or flash(camtasia flash)
i don't have any experience with the fsx video option.
Edited by jackfolla on 22-03-2007 03:08
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 22-03-2007 03:03
on my research i find also this but i haven't tried personally

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

FS Recorder is an addon module for FS2004 and FSX, which can record flights, save them to files and play them back like the FS instant replay and flight video recorder, but with a lot more features. The module does NOT record video files (like .avi), it records data like aircraft postition, speed, etc, so the recordings can only be played inside FS. This allows you to watch your recordings from different views.

List of main features:
recording flights of unlimited length
replay of the last minutes, even if no recording was started
recording and playback of AI traffic
playback of one or more recordings as (AI) traffic
recording a new flight during playback as traffic (e.g. for formation flights)
jumping/searching forward/backward during playback
playback control via keyboard or control window
stop playback at any position to continue manually
loop part of a recording
change playback speed
custom keyboard controls
recorded data is customizable (available are throttles, control surfaces, gear, flaps, spoilers, lights, engines on/off, propeller/mixture, nav and com radios, data/time, smoke)

Furthermore the FS2004 version includes advanced features for the tower, spot plane and VC views:

multiple tower/spot/VC views, which can be selected via the menu or keyboard
optional manual panning of the view direction in tower/spot views
automatic zooming
saving/loading sets of tower/spot/VC views

This software is freeware.
Author RE: Video Recording Software
Bobster

Posted on 22-03-2007 19:30
Thanks for the tips... I'm more shocked that others have not jumped in on this thread... I looked up some software that you detailed... I also found these to be of interest. As most are shareware for 15-30 days before you buy, they still look interesting...

Here are some:

Growler Gunman, aslo requires Xvid... I tried this last night for one flight before I had to go out... I set my "trigger" switch on my joystick, you need to hold it down untill you finish the recording... Still, it's pretty easy to do... I will play with this one somemore, and then perhaps show my video here...

Fraps from Fraps.com

Game Cam

ZD Soft "Game Recorder"

As I get more on these, I will post for all to see...

Thanks and enjoy...
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 22-03-2007 21:04
ok thanks, feel free to post anything fs related...for the videos i know that most people use fraps

http.//www.fraps.com
Author RE: Fraps and cost...
Bobster

Posted on 22-03-2007 22:08
What version of FRAPS are you using, and did it cost at the time... Is there an older version to use that is free?
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 23-03-2007 01:13
using the last one and there is not a free version...another good program is the technosmith camtasia...this is also payware
p51d

Posted on 09-04-2007 07:56
Fraps is very good, but does have one shortcoming. It doesn't compress any of your recordings, so they do take an enormous amount of room, something like 1Gb for 10 minutes. But if you have plenty of HD space, then the resulting AVIs can be compressed down to around 10% - 20% of the original. I have the paid version, and have learnt to live with its greed. But if you are short on space then I use another recording program, which is free, called funnily enough "Recorder", its a small dll which you put in the 'Modules' folder of fs9.

http://www.neusinger.net/recorder
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 10-04-2007 10:11
Game Cam records video game movies while you play

Game Cam in game recording software. Game Cam captures video while you play, Supports both DirectX capture and OpenGL, also captures screenshots and much

http://www.planetgamecam.com/
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 25-04-2007 21:27
another program

http://www.thesilver.net/

Captures whatever you see on your screen as video (with audio) and pictures. Includes Movie and Photo Studios! Record your web cam sessions, favorite games, your desktop, any program running on your desktop, any video display on your screen, record audio of what you hear from your speakers