Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author SDK kit Questions
Bobster

Posted on 26-03-2007 19:20
Two Questions:

1: Can the "SDK" program run alone, by it's self, without the full FSX Deluxe install?

I bought the regular FSX, was not told about the SDK part, and I think I could rock with this program...

So if a friend has the Deluxe FSX, would I be able to install just the SDK part on my pc?

2: Can anyone "zip" it to me so I can try this program, and create some missions that I think would be cool...

Thanks for a great site, and good tips...
Author RE: SDK kit Questions
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 26-03-2007 19:36
are you sure it works only with the deluxe edition? i have seen this on microsoft website and there isn't a part about deluxe version for sdk

The Microsoft ® Flight Simulator X (FSX) SDK can be used to create add-on components for Microsoft ® Flight Simulator X. These components can be new or replacement aircraft, instrumentation, missions, scenery, terrain, ground vehicles, airport runways and buildings, special effects, camera views, and many other elements of a simulated world. The creation of a new aircraft can involve the creation of new instruments, special effects, camera views, and appropriate missions that can all be completed and tested individually before being added to the new aircraft.

The most prolific advancement of the Flight Simulator platform is that of a new, supported, programmatic interface that provides a clear and easy to understand set of functions that allow direct access to the internals of the code: SimConnect. This Application Program Interface (API) is a client-server based architecture, supporting both native and managed coding styles, leveraging an asynchronous model to achieve the stability and power that come with multi-core processors. Major components of the platform that are supported include:

- User and Artificial Intelligent (AI) Simulated Object State Variables
- Internal Event and Input Event Control and Processing
- Application State (i.e., pause)
- Artificial Intelligence Object Manipulation and Control
- User Interface Menu and Modal Dialog Control
- Direct Weather System Access and Control
- Local-Host, LAN or Internet Scope Networking (including Cluster processing)
- Mission System Custom Triggers and Actions
- Camera Manipulation and Control

Periodic updates of this API will also be provided in an effort to continue the expansion and capability of the platform between major product releases. The functionality provided by these updates will be prioritized based on the feedback of the development community's needs, including those who are selected as part of the Microsoft Research Gaming RFP process.

By utilizing the power of the SimConnect API with the extensive world-wide simulation platform of FSX, the opportunity exists to develop a curriculum combining the elements of Computer Science with the advantages of an out-of-box, real-time world-wide simulation platform.

The proposal should include the use of the SimConnect Managed API. Ideally, the proposal will include:
A real-time interactive component
A non-real-time, modal dialog component
Network capability

The overall areas of interest are:
Aerospace Sciences
Training and Familiarization

Edited by jackfolla on 26-03-2007 19:37
Author RE: SDK, ????
Bobster

Posted on 26-03-2007 22:29
Hi, are you saying it is on my FSX disc, as I don't own the Deluxe Version... I was told that it is only on the Deluxe disc, can you be more clear on what your saying for me please.

are you sure it works only with the deluxe edition? i have seen this on microsoft website and there isn't a part about deluxe version for sdk
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 26-03-2007 23:20
it is my error...i thought it was also downloadable on microsoft website i am just reading here

http://www.fsinsider.com/Downloads/

FSX Software Development Kit Update

This update to the Software Development Kit (SDK) for Flight Simulator X includes improvements to almost all aspects of the SDK shipped in the Deluxe version. Please note that this update
requires the installation of the original SDK from the Deluxe version of FSX
.smileysmiley
Edited by jackfolla on 26-03-2007 23:22
Author RE: SDK, and the real question again is:
Bobster

Posted on 26-03-2007 23:37
So now, to load only the SDK from someone else that lends it to me, will it still work for me to create some cool missions???

That is the question, seems like you maybe the only one tthat has answers...
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 27-03-2007 02:39
in theory should works
Author RE: Thanks...
Bobster

Posted on 28-03-2007 01:03
Looks more like I should just bite the bullet and buy a whole new game...

Bummer, cause I know I could make some fun flights...