Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author Concorde for FSX not working in Vista OS
aharonthenicepilot

Posted on 09-10-2007 16:57
Shalom all my pilot pals,

Just to let you know I do not think the generous free download of Concorde for FSX from this website will work in Vista operating system.

Had NO problem downloading and installing it. It appears in FSX without hitch but Vista would not recognize some gauges and some stuff.

no thrust trottle

At least the good news is that the other generous free download of Project Opensky United airline Boeing 757-222 from this website works very well with FSX in Vista operating system.

I am going to avoid new doubledecker A380 because it is flying Titantic but I am looking forward to free download of Boeing 777 and 787.

I really like this website with so many generous free downloads.

Also, just to let you know that the ten dollar download of MD-11 from Abacus software company works well in FSX with Vista operating system.

With warmest regards,

Aharon
Author RE: Concorde for FSX not working in Vista OS
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 09-10-2007 17:55
hi, i think there is a conflict with your vista and some gauges, i know that many users are using it with VISTA without problems....hard to know what is but is not the first time i heard of someone having problem with vista and some not......have you installed the service pack 1?smiley
Edited by jackfolla on 09-10-2007 18:03
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 09-10-2007 18:19
try the fsx event logger if will give the result of the problem..usually has been used for give answer why a gauge do not display...it has a log event.
jackfolla attached the following file:
fsx_event_logger.zip
Edited by jackfolla on 09-10-2007 18:21
aharonthenicepilot

Posted on 09-10-2007 18:33
Shalom Jack the king of flight simulators,

Thanks!! Tonight, I will tell you the error messages for the problems with Concorde for FSX and Vista. Also, when you mention SP1, are you referring to SP1 for FSX? If so, I did not like SP1 because it made my FSX go slower despite Microsoft's claim that SP1 will make FSX go 20 percetn faster. I did not even have add-ons when I installed SP1. So I uninstall FSX with SP1 and reinstalled FSX which is pretty fast and smooth for me in my laptop with 2.0 MHZ dual core centrino with 2 gb ram with 128 dedicated video ram.

Regards,

Aharon