Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author sinking into the runway
p51d

Posted on 23-10-2007 17:44
This is probably something I'm doing wrong but most of the time, when I go to land, when I touch the run way, I sink into it. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

1. Take off AP (if I'm using it)
2. Line up
3. Increasingly put flaps
4. Landing gear
Author RE: sinking into the runway
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 23-10-2007 17:44
This is basically a crash, without the fire, smoke, twisted aluminum and death, which flight simulator x left out for tact. In most cases your approach speed is too low, which means your rate of decent was too fast. Basically, the plane was dropping out of the air rather than gliding to a touchdown. If you check the kneeboard in each aircraft, in the 2d (F10) cockpit -- the checkmark -- each aircraft should have a landing speed table. I usually go with a middle of the table speed rather than trying to figure out what the plane is going to weigh at landing. For instance, if you keep the Boeing 737 between 145-155 knots, you shouldnt sink into the runway unless you are causing the rapid decent (nose down).