Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author ATC problem
p51d

Posted on 09-11-2007 09:35
As i was approaching my destination airport, with IFR plan, ATC sends me from FL310 to FL230, than lower and lower...(headings were all right though), finnaly i was send to 8000 feet, as i was descending to 8000 i realized i am very close to airport allready, and soon it sends me to 2700 feet and tells me to maintain that until intercept ILS on the localizer, i started descent and at about 5000 feet i saw runway 5 miles ahead of me. LOL! So when i was sopose to land on the runway i was few thousand feet too high. Than i declared missed approach, ATC sends me arround into oposite direction of runway, with same approach but after flying 70 miles away from airport, still no reply from ATC to turn back. That have to be ATC bug
Author RE: ATC problem
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 09-11-2007 09:36
i noticed that this happens most of times when my speed is too big for descend so A/P automaticly don't descent with higher rate of descent so it wouldn't overspeed. If my speed is low at point i set A/P to go lower, it usually descent with given rate of descent. If i'm right, speed shouldn't be more than 250 knots (indicated airspeed) before you start descending. I usually go for 230 or so. Try it this way and you shouldn't get any problems.