Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author FSX BIG FPS EMPROVEMENT ATI USERS
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 01-10-2008 04:54
I have recently added sp2 and acceleration to one of my computers:

A core 2 quad 6600 overclocked at 2.9 ghz default dissipator, 4 G ram, with a simple ati radeon hd2600(for sure not the best one for fsx)

this system was pretty good before sp2 updaten, then the disaster..i could have more than 10 fps without stuttering slow fps and bad performance...also if i know many many fsx tweak nothing worked...

I am publishing this because i have seen on many forum i am not the online one...there are thousands of people having slow performances with sp2. This is expressly for ati users

i have simply added to my fsx.cfg the line

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=n
where
n num of cores scheduled
1 = 1 core 0001
3 = 2 cores 0011
7 = 3 cores 0111
15= 4 cores 1111

with my system
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=15

using the catalyst center or ati tray tools disable catalist ai.

and i have updated the drivers to the last relaese 8.9 catalist and smileyBangsmileysmileysmiley
ALL CHANGED AND IT'S ANOTHER GAME NOW.

BEFORE THIS CHANGE.
I had all sliders at left except for the aircraft details, few simply cloud no traffic no autogen scenery minimal, only 10 fps with sp2 and not in the cities
smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

AFTER CHANGEMENT.
SCENERY VERY DENSE, AUTOGEN VERY DENSE, TRAFFIC, DETAILED CLOUDS, MAX WATER DETAILS, I HAVE SEEN ALSO 220 FPS WITH THIS CONFIGURATION NOW, BUT I HAVE THE FPS BLOCKED AT 21 FPS BECAUSE GIVE IT MORE FLUIDITY...THIS WAS ALSO INTO CITIES AND WITH MAS FLUIDITY AND FAST VIEWS CHANGEMENT AND OPERATIONs,
.smileysmileysmileysmiley

I THINK THAT CATALIST 8.9 HAS BEEN THE NICE RESPONSABLE FOR THIS CHANGEMENT BUT ALSO JOB SCHEDULER SHOULD WORKS.

You Can(should) update your drivers for your ati card, especially if is not the last one, here

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML
Edited by jackfolla on 01-10-2008 04:56
Author RE: FSX BIG FPS EMPROVEMENT ATI USERS
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 01-10-2008 04:57
THERE ARE ALSO SOME INTERESTING TIPS HERE...who missed

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/05/15/new-tweaks-in-sp1.aspx