Print thread view
fsx downloads, fsx aircraft, FS2004 aircrafts, fsx plane, Prepar3d, x-plane, fsx addons | FSX | FSX General Discussion
Author FSX Real Weather
chuck

Posted on 11-02-2007 18:10
What are your thoughts and comments on the "Real Weather" updated every 15 Min's (Not Static Real Weather) from Jeppeson in FS.?
The reason I ask is because sometimes when I use it the weather seems to appear and disappear. Example, one minute I am flying over a nice blanket of cloud over London (UK) where I live which is how it should be when I look out at the real sky from my window and the next minute it totally disappears unnaturally and I can suddenly see the ground, the it re-appears again. Just how reliable is it? Is this a server thing? Some people have said that the "Real Weather" update is behind by a good few hours. Others have said that the "Real Weather" is only available for the USA. I've also heard about something called "Active Sky" which is an alternative and has better looking and realistic clouds. Does anybody use "Active Sky" and is it any more or less reliable than "Jeppeson"?
Author RE: FSX Real Weather
jackfolla

Webmaster

Posted on 11-02-2007 18:11
I use AS6.5 for fs9 but it has been upgraded to work on FSX, I just do not fly FSX yet due to the preformance issues.

AS is awesome though with great looking weather, you can have a front moving along on your left side, and clear sky on you right. This is impossible with the default FS weather!