We currently offer a massive range of downloads for FSX, as well as older flight simulator add-ons for the ever-popular FS2004, FS2002, CFS3 and now becoming ever popular with dediced virtual aviators is Laminar Research's X-Plane series.
i need to know video card model and processor by theway uf you remove autogen and traffic you can increase quality. Those 2 options take many resources. Check also into our article section, there are some info about fsx setting and increase performances
All shadows - these are rendered in software and are not like in previous FS versions. These require CPU power (until DX10 is out)
* AI - anything that moves by AI is eating CPU resources. This simply requires a faster processor (helped by dual-core?) but as our CPUs are doing extra work whilst we await DX10 and associated hardware, the sim suffers even more.
* Auto Gen - the settings for FS X auto gen are denser at Normal than FS 9 was at maximum, so don't get too upset if the sim bogs down after this setting.
* Terrain Mesh: Anything above ??m (the lower the number, the higher the res and thus more processing required) is a waste of processing resources as the default FS mesh isn't higher than this (STILL RESEARCHING ACTUAL TERRAIN LEVEL).
* Terrain detailing: 1m seems to work very well without massive hit on performance. The higher the setting (and lower the number) the more detail you are supposed to be able to see, but below 1m (and probably higher) I can't see any differences. More research required.
* Clouds have next to no effect on frame rate (clear vs. raining), with the fog having the biggest impact with a 5 FPS hit, all at max detailing! Impressed
Edited by jackfolla on 30-01-2008 23:17