Simnetwork Photo Gallery - Online military and civilian collection

Home > Military aircraft gallery

Last additions - Military aircraft gallery
Ar68F-1.jpg
Arado Ar 68F376 viewsInitial deliveries of the Ar 68F were made to the Luftwaffe in the late summer of 1936. commencing with I/JG 134 'Horst Wessel'. By the outbreak of World War II most surviving Ar 68s had been relegated to advanced fighter trainer status with the Jagdflieger-schulen (fighter pilot schools). Sep 23, 2004
Ar66C-1.jpg
Arado Ar 66c453 viewsThe Ar 66 equipped flying schools from 1933 until into WWII. Over 6000 were built, maybe even 10000. Some were used as night harassments bombers on the eastern front. Sep 23, 2004
ca135_4.jpg
Caproni Ca 135572 viewsThe prototype made its first flight in 4/35 powered by two 800 hp Isotta-Fraschini Asso XI RC Vee engines and driving a wooden two-bladed propeller. The propeller was soon exchanged for a three-bladed metal propeller subsequently accepted for all production versions. The Italian air force felt the Ca.135 had potential and in 1936 ordered 14 examples of the Ca.135 Tipo Spagna (Spanish model), presumably as it was intended to undertake an operational evaluation in the Spanish Civil War. However, none of the aircraft served with the Italian air force in Spain. Trials revealed that the Fiat engines were unreliable and failed to improve performance as significantly as the Piaggio engines, so the few Fiat powered bombers were withdrawn from front-line service and transferred to bomber schools. Thus production of the Ca.135/P.XI was undertaken for a sole export customer, which was the Hungarian air force that received 100 of the type in 1939 and 1940. These aircraft operated with limited success against the Soviets.Jun 16, 2004
ca133_c.jpg
Caproni Ca 133713 viewsThe Ca 133 was modernised version of the Ca 101, cleaned up aerodynamically and given improved engines in an attempt to prolong the type's career as an 16 passenger airliner and second line or "colonial" bomber and transport. Bomber aircraft deployed as military transports, with an interior fitted out to accommodate 18 fully equipped troops, were redesignated Ca i33T and, similarly, conversions for use in an ambulance role were designated Ca 133S. In 1938 a small number of an improved version of the Ca 133 was introduced under the designation Ca 148, serving initially in East Africa, and some survived to fly with the post-war Italian air force.Jun 16, 2004
   
88 files on 8 page(s) 8